Wednesday 14 December 2011

It's been snowing

As I mentioned before there was a fair bit of discussion about what paint we were going to use, and how it was going to be applied. I think the most likely choices were Clay Paint and Chaff Wall. Both are eco products, whatever exactly that means. Clay Paint is imported from Europe, and made from natural ingredients, whatever exactly that means.

Chaff Wall is made in Japan, from scallop shells. I've always loved scallops, although I don't think that was too major a factor in our decision. In the end they used a spray gun rather than rollers, which ends up using more paint, although takes less time, so I think made no difference to the price. I can steel feel the smell of the paint in my nostrils, and a lot of the windows in the house were covered in condensation from it, but it was a bit like walking around just after it has snowed, when everything is pristine and beautiful. The electrician can start putting the fittings in now, and hot and cold water pipes can all be connected, and we should be in at the end of next week.